The Holy Soul Returns
Bright (formerly Etham) is the 106th Hero in Arena of Valor, and one of the few heroes with a localised name for example in German, Hell. Bright was classified as an Assassin-Marksman on his official release, but is now an Assassin.
- Date of Birth: October 23 (Age 17)
- Place of Birth: Kingdom of Okka
- Height: about 170 cm
Bright was born in Okka.
In winter, at the age of 6, he met Veda's original god, Edras for the first time.
Edras walks the earth as a spirit, searching for the truth of the world.
After accepting Edras as his mentor, Bright asked him why he pursued this truth. If a god could not find it, how could someone else?
Edras told him that no matter who a person is, as long as he starts to pursue it, he will find his own answer.
And so the two began to travel the mainland, searching for the truth.
Edras showed him the entire history of Athanor since its creation, but all Bright saw was suffering.
Bright did his best to lend everyone a helping hand, but he couldn't make everyone happy.
He did find the answer though:
Perhaps it should be the world that is corrected.
He turned his head and said to the light behind Edras, "There is no need to pursue the truth. Rather, one should create the truth."
"Make the world what we want it to be."
|Revelation of Light
||Bright can automatically switch between melee and ranged modes according to the attack range.
When in ranged mode, each normal attack stacks 1 Revelation of Light for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
When in melee mode, every normal attack deals 105 (+50% of AD) in Physical Damage, and when he attacks an enemy with Revelation of Light, he deals extra true damage equal to 12 (8% of AD) times the number of Revelation of Light layers.
|Light Flashes Twice
|Emits a wave of light in the target direction, inflicting 1 stack of Revelation of Light on enemies and dealing 125 (+60% of AD) physical damage to enemies. At the same time, he can Blink to an adjacent area via movement commands to hurl a light spear at the end location to deal the same effect. Hitting an enemy hero increases his movement speed by 50% for 1.5 seconds. Enemies who are struck twice will be inflicted with 1 stack of Revelation of Light, take 75(+30% of AD) physical damage, and will be stunned for 0.75 seconds.
|Sacred Light Verdict
|Charge at the enemy, blade in tow, and deal 200 (+100% of AD) Physical Damage, increasing your attack speed of your next 3 normal attacks by 25% and restoring 100 HP each second for 3 seconds.
|The Holy Soul Returns (Ultimate)||Within the first 3 seconds of the Holy Spirit's return, all damage taken is delayed by 3 seconds (Ability 1 is disabled). If the damage source is killed, the damage dealt by this target is nullified. During the first 6 seconds of the Holy Spirit's return, Ability 1 is disabled, every normal attack gains a piercing effect, and all enemy units within range will be marked with Revelation of Light. Each normal melee attack increases the attack range. When attacking an enemy with Revelation of Light, deals additional true damage equal to 18(+12% of AD) times Revelation of Light stacks.
|Poke with S1 then engage with S2. Always kill one enemy first to end the cooldown of S2. Ult if needed to survive harsh encounters.
|Position: Jungle, Abyssal Dragon Lane, Occassional Slayer Lane|
|Advantages: Good Poke, High Damage, Can take lots of Damage via Ultimate. Good Finisher. Fast.|
|Disadvantages: Really Squishy, has no CC Immunity. Heavily reliant on Ultimate with long cooldown to survive intense teamfights. Reliant on building lifesteal to increase survivability.|
|Playstyle: Bright has a diverse set of abilities and a unique classification that allows him to be played in multiple ways. However, it is recommended that he is played in the jungle as his passive makes it easier for him to kill jungle monsters. Bright can be played as an ADC Jungler or as a hybrid Assassin-Marksman Jungler. If one were to run Bright as a ADC jungler, it is recommended that the player chooses Scorching Wind for the attack speed boost. As an ADC Jungler, Bright players should focus on activating their passive in their long ranged auto attacks. As an Assassin-Marksman Hybrid Jungler, Bright should purchase Soulreaver to maximize his Physical Attack. In this mode, Bright can choose to use his melee or ranged attacks without any major differences.|
|Counter: Bright does well against most ADCs and some Slayer Laners. He has mobility to escape immobile mages and counters them as well.|
|Arcana: The best Arcana for him in a Marksman Jungler build are 5 Blitz, 5 Atrocity, or 5 Blitz, 4 Atrocity, 1 Onslaught, 7 Reave, 3 Guerilla or 5 Reave, 5 Guerilla, and 10 Skewer. In other builds, use 7 Atrocity, 3 Onslaught, or 3 Blitz, 10 Guerilla, 10 Skewer.
|Highest Winrate Build|
|Most Popular Build|
Bright is a strong jungler that needs an appropriate level to properly harness his strengths. In the early game, avoid close confrontations that could result in deaths for Bright. Bright is also able to be played in Slayer and Dragon Lane, but is best in the jungle as he is able to reach his limits early on and initiate ganks. Bright's abilities greatly synergize with his passive, allowing him to take down several enemies at once on his own. A recommended ability combo for Bright is to engage with Ability 1, whittle down your enemies' HP, and then secure the killing blow with Ability 2. When you are ganked by your enemies, trigger your ultimate to buy some time and to stall for 6 seconds to gain an edge in the fight. Ensure that you and your allies (or you on your own) are able to kill all of your enemies while you are in your ultimate to negate potentially fatal damage, but if it seems impossible to win, trigger your ultimate to be able to knock down at least one to trade for your death. Be careful around Assassins who can evade or cheese through Bright's damage and potentially kill Bright. When building a Marksman ADC Jungle build for Bright, maximize damage first as he can often stat overflow.
- Bright: Rocky Sun, was available for 99 vouchers on the day of release. The current price is 699 vouchers. In Tencent servers, Rocky Sun is classified as an ordinary skin, while in Garena servers it is classified as Heroic.
- Bright was released on the Tencent servers on December 25, 2020, at 0:00 AM (UTC+0).
- Bright is the second hero native to the Kingdom of Okka.
- Bright, although having inherited Edras' abilities, is not directly affiliated with Veda. In fact, some of Bright's voicelines criticize Illumia, such as "Illumia, do you remember yourself?"
- Bright has teamed up with Violet and the Lightchasers, as seen in the Light and Shadow comics. In fact, he has some voicelines directed towards Laville, Rouie, Zata, Butterfly, and Allain.
- Bright is technically a pure human. He is unlike Edras because he did not develop his divine powers himself, he mostly got them from Edras.
- Bright was mentored by Edras after the deceased god witnessed Bright's kindness as an orphaned child.
- He and his counterpart Lorion are the main characters of the Light and Shadow Arc.
- Other than Elsu, Bright is the only character to share the roles of marksman and assassin. However, he is no longer a Marksman as of the class changes introduced in Beta 30, which removed the secondary role.
- Before release, Bright was speculated to be called Etham. However, it was disproven as upon the December 15 update, he was labeled as Bright in his skin files.
- In the Light and Shadow Arc, a total of 9 heroes were introduced to Athanor. Those heroes are Laville, Zata, Rouie, Allain, Thorne, Sinistrea, Dextra, Lorion, and Bright. The new mage character, Iggy, was also teased in the comics but not revealed.
- Bright is the final hero in the Light and Shadow Arc.
- Although Bright has inherited Edras' powers, he is weaker than Volkath and Ilumia. At best, Bright can be compared to Lorion, who was bested by D'Arcy. Bright canonically is as strong as the three mages, Sephera, Dirak, and D'Arcy.
- Bright was originally introduced as a Marksman-Warrior and his abilities acted differently, and he was also not a Jungler as his passive did not apply on them. In a later change to Bright, he became an Assassin-Marksman and lost his magic damage.
- See also Heroes
- Bright release AOV.